Sunday, November 4, 2007

Playing with Leftovers

Yep, in my quest to clean up my space, there was one thing I just couldn't bring myself to throw away: those pieces of unfinished cards, technique samples, or cut pieces for make & takes from old parties done long ago. Yep, I couldn't part with them, so I committed myself to using some of those pieces to create new cards that I can use, post and have fun with in a new way.

Those are the cards I'll be featuring in the next few days. Some will be using retired stamp sets, but mixed with new stuff, maybe you'll enjoy the results. I know I had fun.

Here's the first one for you to check out - the fairy piece was already done, glitter, brads, cord, everything... but that was all I had. It was almost like an artist trading card, only not. So, I used it to create a card for my sister's birthday, which is tomorrow. Guess it won't be arriving in her mailbox on time, will it?! UGH!!

Anyway, here's the card:

I played with my Cuttlebug for some embossed Happy Birthday messages, then did some paper piercing on the strip, added glitter (and how can I resist, considering the fairy theme?!) and some fun backgrounds using stamps I've long forgotten about, and voila! A card that I think is kinda fun.

Sets: Fairy Nice, Little Pieces, Teeny Tinies, Happy Birthday template (Cuttlebug)

Colors: Lavender Lace, Certainly Celery

Other: silver brads, silver cord, 2-way glue pen, Dazzling Diamonds

Hope you (and my sister) like it!

____________________________________________

UPDATE: OMG - I just found the original card I made using this piece, and it's from 2005! LOL... it's in my gallery on SCS - click HERE to see the original card this came from! lol

2 comments:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is ADORABLE! Love the colors!

UrgentCookie said...

I love all the glitter, and the colors are perfect for that set! Great work and way to go on finishing up some of those UFOs. (UnFinished Objects) ;0)