Sunday, November 11, 2007

Before and After - Round 2

I kinda liked showing the old UFO and the resulting card - so I decided to do it again! I hope you like seeing both, too... it shows how you can take the one item for inspiration and create something completely different from it! I guess you could say I'm inadvertently inspiring myself.... weird eh?

Anywho, I found yet ANOTHER UFO, pre-cut make & takes from a couple of years ago... and this original piece is one I basically CASED off my friend Sherri - Sher, if you're reading this, do you remember this card?! Anyway, I also took the opportunity to use pre-cut cardstock to create some more Christmas cards, since usually making my cards gets really boring cuz I rarely make more than one style each year... and so by mixing it up and creating new stuff, I'm having a lot of - can you believe it - FUN!



Here's the original UFO I found:


It uses Night Of Navy and White. Yep, and the wide organdy ribbon we miss so much!


Anyone remember the name of this set? I know I still have it somewhere, but I can't remember where it is or the name of it off-hand....
















Next, here's the resulting Christmas Card I came up with:
I didn't have pre-cut White background folds, so I did the Bashful Blue thing and added some more oomph to emphasize the wintery theme.
Some notched corners with my trusty slit punch, some Bashful Blue eyelet washers and white eyelets I haven't used in FOREVER, a little Liquid Applique (which, confidentially, I wasn't sure if it would be dried out, which it wasn't, thank goodness!), some wheeled snow and I was all set!
I was pretty happy with the result, how about you!?
____________________________
Sets: Snowflake jumbo wheel, It's Snow Time
Colors: Night of Navy, Bashful Blue
Other: Slit punch, 1/4" punch, 1/8" punch, navy organdy, dimensionals, Liquid Applique
Hope you enjoyed this one and are getting your UFOs done these days, too! It's really steamrolling my enthusiasm for stamping again!

10 comments:

Niki Estes said...

Love the idea of using past cards for inspiration. Cute snowman!

UrgentCookie said...

Wow, Gina, these are both wonderful!!!

Deborah said...

Loving these cards Gina! I received the sweetest thank you card from your friend who lost her DH. So nice~ Deb

Meredith said...

Very cute cards. I love how you're using the UFO's to inspire yourself. I may have to try it.

Gabby said...

Love this It's Snow Time set! I just dug it out to play with it now with Winter and all...lol!

Michelle said...

Oh wow, that navy and white flower card is amazing. I like the snowman, but I love that flower card. Awesome1

JazzyH said...

Great cards. I love snowmen.

Lorraine said...

just love the toille! the blue and white combo is just so elegant. both cards are very pretty.

Laurie Unger said...

Wow....love them both! TFS!

rockfestqueen said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!!!