Monday, June 9, 2008

Busy weekend!

Sorry no cards to post today. I had a busy weekend~ the highlight of it was yesterday. We were invited to see an air show at Rockford airport. A new friend of mine's father-in-law has a metal fabricating shop right across the street from the runway, and so we did the whole barbecue thing while sitting in the parking lot. It was kinda like tailgating at a concert. FUN!

It was almost the day that wasn't, though. We got there and it was POURING rain. I mean, you know all those storms that hit the Midwest in the last few days? Well, we have certainly been hit with them, and yesterday was no exception. It was dark and pelting rain, but thankfully no tornadoes like Thursday. Anyway, we moved the whole operation to my friend's house, and then after about an hour longer the rain stopped and the show went on as scheduled. It was significantly shorter than it was supposed to be, but totally worth it nonetheless. The jets flew literally right over our heads. It was awesome.

The kids ran through a sprinkler they had set up in the front "yard" of the shop, and it was a great time. Of course, no time for stamping, but that can come later. Fun with my family and friends came first.

I hope you all had a great weekend and if you were caught in the storms, I hope you all survived okay without too much damage. I'll see you all later! I think I'm going to stamp tomorrow. Yippee!!

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

It's always fun to take a break and enjoy the day with family even though you don't get to stamp!! Glad you didn't have any major storms in your area though!