Thursday, June 12, 2008

Bling-tastic Car!

Well, since we gave my husband his Fathers Day gift and card early, I thought it would be okay to post, even though I doubt he snoops my blog to find out what his card looks like! LOL
This one was actually a lot of fun to make, even if it was messy. Want to know how I did this sparkly car?? Well, I used a 2-sided sticky sheet and put some new glitter I bought at Michael's (it was in the mosaic section, so it looks like little pieces of mirror - extra blingy!) on it. You have to really rub the glitter onto the sheet or it ends up falling off. Then I stamped the image of the car on a transparency sheet, and with a craft knife, I cut out the car and sparkle sheet together so that my lines would match. It's tricky because you have to press hard or it doesn't cut all the way through, so if you try it, be careful! Then, to make the car stick to the sparkles, I put some crystal effects in spots on the glitter piece, and then stuck the car down on top of it and let it dry. Honestly, i wasn't sure if it was going to work, but it DID!! Woo hoo!

Then I ran the tire track over the whole thing with Basic Gray ink, and since the Staz On black was already dry, I was able to wipe the gray right off the car so that it didn't muddy the image. You could easily roll the tire track before applying the car, but I had already done it so it was too late. I didn't want the glitter to come off or the car to separate.

Okay, so here's the stuff I used:

Sets: Classic Convertibles (retired), making tracks wheel, Mixed Greetings (retired)

Paper: Basic Gray, blue off-brand paper (don't know what kind)
Other: Silver brads, Crystal Effects, 2-sided sticky sheet, transparency, craft knife

PS - he liked the card!!

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Totally unique card! The bling is great Gina!!

Deborah said...

Oh I bet your DH loved his card! It is fantastic! The bling and the tire tracks are fab! Deb

bensarmom said...

This is so cool.......I'm sure it was truly appreciated. Love the bling.