Tuesday, June 10, 2008

1 Car, 2 Cards - Which is better?

Here's another card for Fathers' Day, and this one I'm showing you two versions of it because I am not sure which one I like better. It's only one detail that's different, but I will let you tell me which one YOU like better!
The detail that's different? The white faux "threading" is not on the first one but is on the second. Not sure which one is better. And believe it or not, there is silver detailing on both cars, it's just the lighting in the photo that's a bit different, so you can't really see the silver in the first car. Weird!

Now I know the piercing is more lined up than the second one, but that's becuase I purchased a new plastic canvas circle today to use as a piercing guide (it only cost me $.49 for a 6" circle), and it takes a bit of refining to get it just right, but I figured it out - you just need to pick a corner of the hole to line your piercing tool against and be sure to do it on that same spot on each hole all around.

Here's the second card:
What do you think? Which is better? Well, here's the details:

Sets: Classic Convertibles, Making Tracks, Mixed Greetings
Colors: Not Quite Navy, Ruby Red, So Saffron (basic gray ink)
Other: Metallic silver paint pen (details on hubcaps and grate), white gel pen, paper piercing, Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder, dimensionals

I highlighted the outer edge of the car circle and word cutouts with the inkpad direct-to-paper technique.
Did I forget anything? I hope not... but hey, I hope you like these cards.
Hugz~
PS - recognize the So Saffron triangle corners? They are the scraps from the Wild About You cards I made. See, scraps come in handy sometimes, especially when I hadn't put them away so they were still sitting on my stamping table! lol

9 comments:

UrgentCookie said...

It took me a little bit to figure out what was different without reading the details. I like the detail on the wheels on the second card, but I like the first card without the white gel pen better. So I like a combination of both cards. :0)

Soguesswhat11 said...

Lori, ya know what? There's actually the silver on the wheels and stuff in both cars, it's just the lighting on the photo that's different. Weird, huh? Anyway, so that's a vote for the first card, then. ; ) Thanks!!

Lorraine said...

great cards. Love the white faux stitching around the main image. It really makes it pop! tfs

Anonymous said...

Gina,
I am for the stitching! Love both cards! Ok...I have to confess...little jealous of the swiss dots! That folder is on my wish list! Have to have it! LOL!

The Z-Pack said...

Great cards Gina! Here's another vote for the first one--without the stitching. Both look very nice, though.

Debbie Olson said...

Hmmm. . . I think I like the stitching! Count me for card two. Great guy cards!

laos348 said...

This is such a fun card design! It took me a while going back and forth but I think in the end, I vote for the second card with the stitching.

Kaye W. said...

I love this set! As for the cards, I like the second card the best, it reminds me of the white wall tires.

Dori Shelton said...

I like the second card best with the white faux stitching. Both are great though