Thursday, May 3, 2007

Snappy Birthday

images (c) Stampin' Up!, 1990-2007

This set was just MADE FOR ME! I swear when I saw it in the Spring Mini it just screamed my name! Okay (taking a deep breath now)... on to the card. I decided that D'Vine Swirl worked for this card, too, and so it was born.

Shrimp, starfish and Mr. Happy Crab himself - all come together to wish a "Snappy Birthday." How fun is that?! Certainly scans don't always show as much dimension as there is on a card like this, because the shrimp, one of the bottom starfish and the starfish in the crab's claw are all popped up, but it's kinda hard to tell.

Anyway, it was another fun card to make that launches me full-on into Summer mode - even though it's not summer yet! But, I'm in my house with the windows open anyway. When I start needing a coat, then I'll close em up. lol

Details about the card:

Stamps: Crab & Company
CS: Basic Black, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Sahara Sand, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black, Real Red
Markers: Sahara Sand, Creamy Caramel, Cameo Coral, Pumpkin Pie
Other: Cuttlebug D'Vine Swirl embossing folder

Hope ya like it!

8 comments:

Yvette said...

Love it! You have put me in the beachy mood :o)

Linda said...

Cute and love the Cuttlebug background - I SO want one of those!!!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Adorable card, Gina! I haven't broken down and gotten this set yet. . .you're making it very hard to resist! LOL

Anonymous said...

Oh I am SOOOOO with you on this set! It has helped give me "strength" to decide to sell "Fishy Friends".The little Crabby guy had better be in the Fall/Winter Collection!
hugs,
Suzi

Kyla said...

Very Cute, love what you have done with this set. Hugs

Kyla Maestas

Joan said...

This is adorable! Great job

Anonymous said...

I just got this set (I know...what took me so long!!!) I can't wait to use it! It's my little reward after I get a few other class projects done! Thanks for sharing this super cute card!

Creative Expressions by Stephanie said...

lol...your so cute! Your card too;) Glad you are having soo much fun!