I thought if I made it look like sunshine it could be worth cheering someone up, so that's where I went with it. Did it make you smile too?
Sets: Big Pieces, Sincere Salutations
Colors: Summer Sun, Cameo Coral, Confetti Cream (background and sun cutout), mulberry paper
Other: Gold Cord, Clear Embossing Powder, Versamark, Flower punch, distressing tool (SU!)
OKAY, so how did I do it? Here's a brief instruction:
1) Stamp images with Versamark on Mulberry paper
2) Pour clear embossing powder on images, shake off excess, heat until powder is melted.
3) Wet a cotton ball with rubbing alcohol, and drop a few drops of reinkers in random pattern on the cotton ball.
4) Dab cotton ball over mulberry paper (tip: do this over a paper towel because liquid will soak through the mulberry paper pretty quickly) to completely cover images. The embossed areas will resist the ink.
5) Using a paper towel, wipe off embossed areas because liquid will bead on it, and gently pat the mulberry paper dry.
6) Mat your beautiful piece of art on a solid neutral piece of cardstock to let the lightness of the images shine through.
7) use as desired on project.
OH, one more tip for the gold cord "rays of sunshine" I used on this card: using a 1/16" punch, make a little nick in the edges of the cardstock just large enough for the cord to sit in. That will keep it from slipping up the sides of the card later, and it's virtually invisible to the recipient!
Okay, so that was easy - now go get inky and make something beautiful yourself! Have fun!