Saturday, May 12, 2007

Mother's Day

images (c) Stampin' Up!, 1990-2007


So, tomorrow is Mother's Day! Woo hoo!! I figured yesterday was too soon to post this card (since my mom will be getting it tomorrow!), but today she's probably not online so it's pretty safe. My mom is usually into the really girly things - pink, flowers, all that jazz - but she is also a stamper and an artist, so I figured I'd mix it up and create something different for her this year.

I dipped into my soon-to-retire pile (which incidentally is MUCH larger than my not-going-to-retire pile) of stamp sets, and mixed Right at Home with the Just So Sayings from the Spring Mini and mixed it with the newer fibers to create a fresh approach to your typical Mother's Day card.

Adding a little bit of a cuttlebug embossing accent was just what I did because I can't stop playing with my Cuttlebug! lol

I hope all you mothers out there enjoy your day tomorrow, and that all of you who aren't mothers but have mothers you love - create something she'll love - a hand stamped card (and gifts don't hurt, either!).

Sets: Right At Home, Just So Sayings
CS Colors: Kraft Natural, So Saffron, Certainly Celery
Other inks/markers: Apricot Appeal, Creamy Caramel, Barely Banana
Other goodies: SU! Ribbon, Soft Subtles brads, Cuttlebug embossing folder CATS

Hope you lke it!

6 comments:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Such a nice card!

Jana Weaver said...

beautiful...love the colors, and the ribbon looks great!

Linda said...

Love the Cuttlebug kitty in the corner! I just got the puppy dog one and still need to open my new Cuttlebug I got for my bday! Think I feel a "sick" day coming on so I can stay home and stamp!

The Z-Pack said...

I love the way you incorporated all of the elements together. This is a card any mom would enjoy receiving!

Now I need to add a Cuttlebug to my wish list. That could be a very fun toy :)

BTW, I still feel my insides being ripped out when I think of all your retiring stamp sets. ARG! Here's a ((((((BIG HUGE HUG))))) for you this week.

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

cute!

Bety :)

Soguesswhat11 said...

thanks Jenny! You're too sweet... you can see I'm trying to get my use out of them can ya?! lol

BTW, my mom LOVED the card... of course! LOL

Hugs!