Sunday, May 27, 2007

Feelin' Mellow

images (c) Stampin' Up!, 1990-2007


Yep, it's a nice quiet Sunday here in IL... and I just got back from spending time at my sister's house for my nephew's 4th birthday... fun! The sun is out and the entire drive home from her house is all farms. There's something so wonderful about breathing in the nice cool air from the outdoors with nothing but farmland for your view (versus the normal route we take which is half farms, half tollway). I have not been home all day, but the peaceful drive inspired me so I dug up this card from my archives that I made quite a while ago.

It encompasses two types of embossing - regular and resist. The horses are embossed with craft ink and clear powder. The word "peace" is done in Versamark and clear powder, then wiped over with creamy caramel ink to get the resist look.

Sets: Bareback, Wonderful Words
Colors: Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel
Other: Caramel grosgrain ribbon

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I really like this card. I am not a big fan of horses but this card is very lovely and I love how the little horse is kind of hidden in the big one. Very neat! :D

Creative Expressions by Stephanie said...

I love this set...don't have it yet, but will one day! Very pretty card Gina!!!

doverdi said...

Great masculine card. I love this set and will eventually break down and buy it. lol