Saturday, June 23, 2007

Punch Joy

images (c) Stampin' Up!, 1990-2007

This card was fun for two reasons: punches and color combo! I was playing around with colors, and this combo was not my normal tendancy, but I love it! And the card itself whips up in no time, thanks to punches and the Petals jumbo wheel. I colored the flower stamp with markers to get the 2-tone effect, and then I popped up one flower just to bring a bit more dimension...plus, what would a card be without something popped up?! lol

The tab on the side also highlights the unique side fold and serves as a way to bring attention to where the card opens - so it's utilitarian, too. Who knew?!

When I wheeled the Petals on the Sahara Sand layer, I only did it on the edge so that the inside of the card is still plain and ready for a sentiment. Also, you don't need a cartridge if you're only doing a card, because the wheel is plenty long... so I just used the Real Red inkpad and wheeled away!

Until Next Time ~

Sets: Polka Dots & Paisley, Petals Jumbo wheel
Colors: Real Red, Sahara Sand, Chocolate Chip
Other: Round Tab punch, Spiral punch, dimensionals, Aged Copper brad from Hodgepodge Hardware, 1/16" punch

1 comment:

Alhambra Club said...

Love the card and the color combo is great.