Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Sparkle

images (c) Stampin' Up!, 1990-2007

Yep, it's a Happy 4th of July to all my American friends! WOO HOO!! This is one of my favorite holidays, because it's Summer and I love love LOVE fireworks...and barbecues... so it's pretty much a perfect day for me. Oh, and then there's that little thing about celebrating the birth of our country. I'm just kidding, patriots - it's a BIG deal, and I completely appreciate where I live and how it got to be like this. It's a great time of the year.

As for the card, I had to try for something a little traditional mixed with a non-traditional look. I can never be plain! I thought this little zebra made a perfect pallette for a patriotic theme, even if he wasn't expecting it. lol

The zebra layer was covered in versamark and heat embossed with Iridescent Ice embossing powder. Gives it an overall glittery look, which is perfect for the sparkly fireworks he'll be watching later today.

Sets: Little Pieces, Zoofari, Warm Words
Colors: Red, White and Blue!
Other: 1/2" punch, silver brads, iridescent ice embossing powder, paper piercing template & tool

Have a wonderful and safe holiday, friends!

6 comments:

Jana Weaver said...

Hey there Gina...what an ADORABLE card!! I just love your little guy here, and the way he sparkles is perfect!

Trying to catch up on my blogging...love all your recent creations, as always girl!

Huggs!
-Jana

Angel said...

Adorable card...love your patriotic zebra!

Linda said...

Adorable!

Suzi said...

Really stinkin' cute! LOVE it!
Suzi

UrgentCookie said...

I love this Gina!! You did an awesome job!

Kathy W said...

Love all the sparkle! Very creative.