Saturday, August 30, 2008

Better With Two

My sister's anniversary is coming up this week (notice the flower of the month is September - Aster), so I decided to use that as the subject for this card. I also wanted to do a SCS challenge since I haven't done one in a while, so I combined both and came up with this:

The challenge combines Black, Rose Red and Kraft. Interesting challenge! And, I did my absolute BEST at not coloring in these images, because I almost NEVER leave them undone. But if I'm honest, I tried coloring in the bike first, but it actually cheapened the look of this particular card. So, there you have it!

Sets: Floral BG, Life Cycles (retired), Flower of the Month (retired), Hand Stitched (Technique Tuesday stamps)

Colors: Black, Rose Red, Kraft

Other: Black organdy ribbon, dimensionals

6 comments:

paulssandy said...

You did a great job, the images are not lacking one bit without being colored. They seem to match the color combo and style of the card perfectly. Your sister and her husband are going to love it :)

Lori said...

Beautiful card, Gina! I hadn't done this challenge - although love watching everyone's submissions! LOVE your version for this!

Deborah said...

This is a classic! I agree the images look perfect as they are stamped. Great job on the sketch! They will adore this card! Deb

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful blog gina! and your cards are simply gorgeous! I LOVE the pink and black. I found you on SCS and so glad I came to visit. Have a great wknd!

Michelle said...

AWE! I wish I could "have it"! It's SO pretty! I love it! You did a great job!

Anonymous said...

Cute card...the sentiment totally made me giggle though. I am a cyclist and most of my friends refer to that type of bike as the divorcicle since someone always wants to go faster. Hee hee...