Tuesday, July 1, 2008

From my archives - bleach!

I decided that since I haven't stamped in a couple of days, I'd pull out one of my favorites from my archives. This card was done with the bleach technique. I remember how amazed I was at how easy this technique really is. All you have to do to achieve this effect is to stamp and emboss on dark cardstock, then using a paintbrush or aquapainter filled with ordinary chlorine bleach, paint in areas where you want to remove color. The more bleach you use, the lighter the color. Notice how there are subtle differences in the lightened areas? I also painted the edge of the torn cardstock to add an extra layered look to this card. I hope you enjoy it as much as I always have.

Set: Artfully Asian (get it before it retires!!)
Colors: Eggplant Envy, confetti white
Other: Slit punch, aged copper brad, black embossing powder, Versamark

6 comments:

Lorraine said...

very pretty, Gina. Love this set. using bleach is really cool. i like the effect. tfs

Diane (fionna51) said...

I love this card...colors, simpleness, everything...!

Lesa said...

This is so elegant! I haven't used bleach in forever. Thanks for sharing. It is gawjus!

Dori Shelton said...

Haven't tried this technique...thanks for the inspiration.

Marilyn said...

LOVE this technique!! This card is stunning!! Thanks for the great reminder of this technique!!

Gabby said...

Love your bleaching! I haven't done bleaching in a while! Now I have another technique I look forward to getting back to when I'm once again stamping full time! I just need to get "life" out the way...LOL!