Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Everyone loves Cupcakes... especially for their Birthday

My sister's birthday is Wednesday, and this is the card. Wanna know how old she is? 10? 15? Nope, she's hitting 40. Bet you'd never guess it with this cutsey card, but she's about as girlie as anyone I know, so oddly enough, this fits her. I can't wait to see if she likes it.
I had fun making this cupcake. First, I masked the words out of the big birthday cupcake so that the cupcake was blank. Then I cut out the bottom from Kraft cs and ran it through the crimper. FUN! The tag was done by coloring it in with a SU! marker and stamped, then using iridescent ice embossing powder to give it some sparkle.

6 comments:

Angie Williams said...

This is just fun! I love how you crimped the cupcake bottom!

Anonymous said...

Love the colors!!! I am sure your sis will love this 'happy' card :)

Marilyn said...

Beautiful card - love the crimping touch on the cupcake too!! Your sis is going to love this!!

Denise said...

Beautiful card, I bet she'll love it!

Stampin' Meg said...

I love all the textures on this ,Gina!

Stacy said...

Very fun and bright! tfs