Saturday, October 4, 2008

Recipe Fun!

I love love love swapping 6x6 recipe cards with my stamping friends! Not only do you get great page and stamping ideas, but you get great recipes for your kitchen! (If you're in my swap and don't want to spoil the surprise, don't read or look on!).

I almost always tend to make my pages using earth tones, just because earthy colors say "food" to me more than other color families (although bright colors say fru-fru drinks better than any others)... and this page is no exception. Here's what I did for my italian sausage recipe (my mom's italian sausage is incredible!):
Tee hee, I bet you just spent time trying to read the recpie now, didn't you?? BUSTED!! If you can read it, more power to you (and be sure to tell me how much you like it once you make it), if not, you had to be in the swap to get the goods! ; )

Sets: Sock Monkey, Voila to Go
Colors: Garden Green, More Mustard, Riding Hood Red
Other: Cuttlebug Mesh EF (embossing folder), Weathered DP (SU!), blender pen, Real Red eyelets (SU!), paper peircing tools, white gel pen (SU!), dimensionals

Yum Yum... enjoy!

15 comments:

Cheryl Walker said...

cute recipe card!!! Just tooo darn cute!!!! great job!!! This will be my first year making christmas recipe cards.Im excited to try them!! anyways I love yours, and that monkey is soooo cute!!!!!

Cheryl

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

This is an AMAZING idea! I wish I had friends that were that gung-ho. I suggest things to them sometimes and they look at me like I'm a wack job! Thanks so much for sharing!

Stampin' Meg said...

That monkey holding the hot dog is too funny, Gina!!!

Anonymous said...

This is a great page and a yummy looking recipe!

Pam's Pride said...

Great recipe page! I think I have a few hundred pages from all the swaps I have done. They are so much fun!

Anonymous said...

that is just too cute! :)

~ j said...

oh my! i love sock monkey with the hot dog! too cute :)

Deborah said...

Love your LO! I want a bite! My DH would adore this one! Deb

loretta said...

you're makin me hungry! nicely done!

There She Goes Clear Stamps said...

What an awesome Recipe card! I love what you did with that sock monkey!

Sandi Runyan said...

just love this card..its darling...sure wish I could see that recipe! haha...thanks for sharing...

Stephanie said...

cute, cute!

Angie Williams said...

Super cute! So do you have a 6x6 album you started for recipes?? Such a neat idea!

Rhonda Langley said...

Love the monkey!!! Great idea but my idea of cooking is frozen pizza!!!

Lisa Trombitas - www.stampwithlisat.com said...

Love the Sock Monkey on a recipe card! Who'd'a thunk?