Saturday, March 22, 2008

Simple Easter Card

Easter gatherings are almost here, and I'm running late on making my cards - again! lol Anyway, I made 6 of these today, and I gotta say, it was fun. The truck is colored with a blender pen and Soft Sky ink so that it has some color but isn't overwhelming in the pic. I wanted the eggs to stand out the most. They were colored with Stampin' Write markers, and then I went over them with UTEE so that they're glossy and raised. I'm SO glad I remembered that this set had eggs in the Accessories set - because I can only use stuff like this once a year unless I start working at a farm! (tee hee)

Okay, so here's the card:



Sets: Loads of Love, Loads of Love Accessories
Colors: Lavender Lace, Pretty in Pink
Other: Pink gingham ribbon, dimensionals, Slumber Party series paper (retired), Cuttlebug folder (can't remember the name of this one), blender pens, embossing pen, UTEE, markers

I hope that everyone who celebrates easter (and let's face it, even those whose religion doesn't celebrate it, the Easter Bunny got them involved too) has a WONDERFUL and BLESSED Holiday!

8 comments:

Deborah said...

Adore your truck full of Easter eggs! Happy Easter! Deb

Laurie Unger said...

Great card - I have this set and forgot all about the eggs to use in the truck...darn it! Thanks for the reminder!

JazzyH said...

Love the simplicity and fun of this card.

Anonymous said...

I love the colors on this card!

Anonymous said...

Love the light colors of this card.
Check out my blog Gina! I named you for an award. Check it out.
Stampin' Hugs, Sher

laos348 said...

Very cute!

Kerry Johnson said...

I know I'm super late with this comment - but your card is adorable! Love the colours and that dp is fab!

Marilyn said...

Great Easter cards - I love that embossed background too! So pretty and springy!!