Sunday, February 17, 2008

Easy Thank You

I was sooo excited to use my new scalloped circle punch, and with my coordinating stamp set also arriving, I was all excited to play with it, so this is the resulting card. I wasn't going for the "kitchen sink" on this one, because sometimes you need thank you cards when you least expect to, so you have to have something you can make ithout spending all day doing it. I still liked how this one turned out! And, this was my first card using the new wide grosgrain from SU!. Okay, so maybe it's not "new" new, but it's the first stuff I have gotten since it came out. AND, it came to me as an unexpected gift!!!! That's why a thank you card was CERTAINLY in order! Here's the card:

Oh, and when you're using a dark base layer, you have three options: 1) write with a light opaque gel pen on the inside, 2) add a light colored layer to stamp/write on, or 3) [and this is the one I chose to do] make the folded layer out of the 2nd layer, not the base (groovy guava layer on this card). This eliminates the need for more cardstock or a gel pen/craft ink. It's also the option most people don't think of doing. that's why I mentioned it today. Hope this helps someone!



images (c) Stampin' Up!, 1990-2008

Sets: So Many Scallops, Priceless, Lots of Thoughts
Colors: Chocolate Chip, Groovy Guava
Other: Chocolate wide grosgrain ribbon, scallop punch, rhinestone brad (fire collection), dimensionals

8 comments:

Marilyn said...

Thanks for reminding me of the idea to use the lighter colored c/s for the base of the card, but still matting on the darker c/s. Like that!! Have fun playing with your new stuff! This card is wonderful!

Deborah said...

Love your new scallops! Wonderful card! Chocolate chip and Groovy Guava are great together! Deb

laos348 said...

This looks fantastic! The scallops look great with the stamp and I like those two colors together.

Rosella said...

Gorgeous! What a great use of your salebration stamps and I just love your color combo!

Stacy said...

Very cute!

Velta said...

Gina ~ Good grief...I love this card. I think you are enabling me to get these stamps...This card is perfect for a thank you :)

Laurie Unger said...

Cute, cute, cute!

UrgentCookie said...

This is a super cute card. I have really enjoyed seeing it on the Welcome page this past week. :0)