Tuesday, August 19, 2008

OOh, Bandana looking!!

This is a cool technique I got from my wonderful Technique Junkies subscription issue this month, and it's something I can't believe I never thought of - making images look like bandana-style images! It's so easy and so much fun, if you give it a try you'll love it! Just use your favorite bold or solid image stamps and highlight with white lines and dots. Your only limits are your creativity! Here's my card doing this one for the first time:
Set: Do the Hula (retired SU!)
Colors: Regal Rose, Riding Hood Red, Pink Pirouette
Other: sponge daubers, white gel pen (SU!), white grosgrain ribbon

12 comments:

Cris A said...

Very pretty technique! The colors really make it pop!

Loreen said...

Love how this card turned out! That technique came out amazing =)

CathyRose said...

Very cool, great job on this!

Sandy O said...

I love your cards! This one is so bright and cheerful! The baby card is adorable :) The Window Dressing card is really cute! So glad to have found your site!

Deborah said...

Aloha baby! Fabulous card! Deb

Keri Lee Sereika said...

How cool! Isn't that a fun technique??

Velta said...

WoW! This is too cool! A very bright and happy card :)

Michelle said...

Very pretty ~~ love the colors ~~ can't wait to get my hands on that Riding Hood Red!!

Lori J said...

very cute! It really does look like a bandana and you certainly brought the card together well. :0)

Stacey Schafer said...

so cool! thanks for sharing a new technique!

Lori said...

Gina - hmm... I got this beautiful card in the mail today that looks A LOT like the card on this post. Oh wait - it's from YOU!!! How sweet of you! Thanks so much for brightening my mail box today! I needed it!!! You're a sweetie!

Craft_mom said...

Beautiful! These colors just pop~