Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Another UFO

UFO? Un-Finished Object. I love that term, Lori J!! Anyway, this is #2 in the collection of cards I made using these gems of UFOs in my stamping space. I ran across some cut pieces for a make-n-take from forever ago, and I couldn't let these nicely packaged and preserved pieces go to waste. In fact, I had 3 packs of these pieces, which included some brads and small scraps, too. I made two designs, but the second one is being saved for my own collection because I intend on RAKing a couple of people and I don't want to give away the surprise of the design.

This card uses the Warhol technique, featured on Technique Junkies from at least a year ago. It's a simple but effective technique that gives us a glimpse of the art by Warhol, and you all know the pieces I mean.... Marilyn Monroe, anyone? Yep, this stamper image reminded me of that piece and I just HAD to use her for this card.

images (c) Stampin' Up!, 1990-2006

That glittery slide mount was the hardest part of the project! The slide mount was from a package of stuff from one of my fellow stampers that I got long ago as well (un-used object - UUO). It was all white, in case you're wondering. How did I make it look like an evening disco ball? Black Craft ink and Hologram Highlights embossing powder. How fun!!!

Anyway, here's the details:

Sets: Stampin' Fun for Everyone, Little Pieces
Colors: YoYo Yellow, Lovely Lilac, Only Orange, Taken with Teal, Pixie Pink, Brilliant Blue, Basic Black
Other: Black Craft ink, Hologram Highlights Embossing Powder, Black organdy ribbon, glue dots, Versamark

I can't tell you how much fun it is to create something out of pieces that are already cut, started, or otherwise left for eventual trash day. It's like I'm finally making good use out of things I had forgotten I had in the mess I have finally started cleaning up. What a good day it was, indeed!

Now, go venture into YOUR UFOs and post a comment here to let us know to visit your blog and see your creations! I can't wait!

5 comments:

Heather Phillips said...

Cute card, I like this technique! I can't wait until I can get back into my craft room and can finish some UFOs! :)

rockfestqueen said...

Gina...this is great!! Again, it is so great to have you back bloggin'!
Kaye

Jenny Z said...

That is so COOL!!

Lori J said...

I have plenty of slide mounts that I need to do something with. I love what you have done here. Great work again, Gina!

Sher said...

Cute card, Gina! Love the layout.
Stampin' Hugs,
Sher